I am probably crazy for doing this, but I really really want a Sherlock fanbook, so I’m putting out the call for submissions!
221B will be a limited-run, COLOR fanbook for fans, by fans.
- FANART: Looking for all sorts of styles! I wish I knew more fanartists, and I’ll contact those that I do, but please reblog this to get the word out. Please keep all work PG-13. And art of characters aside from Sherlock and John is welcomed and encouraged! Slash is also permitted, but please remember the PG-13 rating ;)
- I’m looking for FINISHED, QUALITY art. By not opening this up for submissions and not doing it by invitation-only, I reserve the right to reject some submissions. Please do not feel put out if your submission is rejected. I may even make suggestions in order to get it into the book! Do not feel shy about asking about anything you’d like to submit, as I said, I’d like a wide range of styles! You may also submit something you’ve posted online before if you don’t have time to create something new.
- You may submit more than one piece, but no artist will have no more than 3 pin ups/illustrations
- Comics are also welcome! If you’d like to do a comic more than 3 pages, please let me know first, and I’ll see how the page count is.
- All art submissions must be 400 DPI and have an 8”x11” ratio.
- PROSE: I’d love to get some short stories in, but I’d also like to ask that all writers try to collaborate with an artist to do at least one illustration for your story if possible. If you cannot find an artist, or you are an artist and would like to find a writer to work with, please let me know, and I will try to set something up.
- Please try to keep any stories under 5 pages. Same PG-13 rating applies to the writing.
- I’m not entirely sure yet where I’ll be getting this printed. I’m not making any money off of this. I will also try to figure out how to compensate participants once a printer is decided. Most likely each participant will receive at least 1 gratis copy of the book, and the ability to order additional copies of the book at cost if you’d like to sell them at conventions.
- [EDIT] So yes, when you submit work to the book, please be aware that you and the other people in the book have the right to sell whatever copies of the book you have at whatever price you’d like. Make sure you are okay with the possibility that even if you decide not to sell copies of the book, others may be doing so.
- [IMPORTANT EDIT 2] Thanks for the reblogs and for bearing with me while I work on some of the details!! Now I’m thinking the best bet would probably be to raise money for the books by taking pre-orders for the book once the artists/participants are confirmed, rather than allowing contributors to print and sell whatever books they want through a publisher like Lulu, in order to keep this a non-profit. I will post more details as they get worked out. I may also have to just make another tumblr for this project now 8|
While we don’t know the official date of Series 2, I’d like to get the book finished/released before then. That said, all submissions must be in by January 19th. That’s two months from today. You can mail submissions and questions to 221Book@gmail.com with the subject “221B submission” or “221B questions” or whatever you need.
ALSO I’ll probably need help running this/keeping things in order/staying motivated. If you think you’d like to help, please let me know! I’LL LOVE YOU FOREVER.
Thanks everyone! And reblog to get the word out!
REBLOGGING AND REMINDING <3
YES. I haven’t forgotten. *CRIES*
- melatovnik likes this
- randomslapdash likes this
- nowhere-little-girl likes this
- goodphs12 reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- athelstannss reblogged this from ohcararara
- a-simple-kind-of-lovely likes this
- anicofe likes this
- nebulousblender likes this
- natashasherlock likes this
- jessamygriffith reblogged this from teaat2am
- instrumentalhospital likes this
- badaboombah likes this
- iyori likes this
- iaccidentallysherlocked reblogged this from ohcararara and added:
- embellishedink reblogged this from ohcararara and added:
- battleangel25 reblogged this from ohcararara
- fawnfawn reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- fawnfawn likes this
- dr-kara likes this
- siobhanchiffon likes this
- the-rogstar reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- je-suis-l-amoureuse likes this
- rockinthecassbutt likes this
- sassysharpshooter likes this
- wolfshood reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- holligenet reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme and added:
- zerostop likes this
- littlelionringo likes this
- katzevogel likes this
- uss-special likes this
- ihavetobenkyou reblogged this from chicagoartnerd
- ihavetobenkyou likes this
- blackbirdblade reblogged this from chicagoartnerd
- chicagoartnerd reblogged this from moraniarty
- urstruly likes this
- forestgirl324 reblogged this from moraniarty
- gornpower likes this
- augustmoments reblogged this from cities-in-flight
- shadow-pop likes this
- livinginthewing likes this
- lizzieandthebennets likes this
- dapperasf likes this
- isoganaide likes this
- forestgirl324 likes this
- saladmpreg likes this
- cherchezlachien likes this
- ab-ed reblogged this from moraniarty
- pantsinyoureyes likes this
- prosecutie reblogged this from benedikutokanbabatchi
- rragnhild likes this